- Horror movies, haunted house. It’s officially October and October is the one month a year where I actually really enjoy being scared! Attempted to have a horror movie night last week, but after watching a dozen trailers trying to pick the SCARIEST, we accidentally picked a parody – Drag Me to Hell. Um, best horror movie ever? Or…?
- Apple picking and cider mill visit. Now that I have my list of apple-things-I-want-to-make ready to go… need apples! We’ve of course already gotten our first cider + doughnuts fix at our local Dexter Mill, but still need to visit Erwin’s for our giant sack of orchard picks.
- Cedar Point Halloweekend. Unsure how likely this is to actually happen, but it’s Cedar Point (aka best theme park on the planet)! I’ve never gone during Halloweekends, but how can you possibly go wrong with thrill rides and monsters combined?
- Get Carrie Underwood’s new album. Comes out this month!! I just love her. Always have. Even though I’m now officially using Spotify, I think I’ll still just get her album to show my support. (You know what? I should really plan on going to see her live sometime. Probably much less expensive and much more doable than a Taylor Swift concert…)
- CHEER ON THE #13 NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS as they take on #18 Michigan in Ann Arbor! If we can manage to beat Michigan, that would likely catapult us into the top ten?? Has that ever happened?? I wouldn’t know. I just know that we’ve never beaten Michigan since I started cheering for the ‘Cats in 2010, and it’s been heartbreaking every year, and I JUST WANT TO WIN ugh. Will be wearing purple in the student section sea of maize and blue (lol).
- Visit Ann Arbor’s Palmer House. Most everybody who knows me at all knows that I seriously love Frank Lloyd Wright designs and have gone out of my way to visit his houses. Turns out, there’s one right here in Ann Arbor! Located right by the Arb, this could make for a really fun Wednesday “happy hump day” date.
- Have an Oktoberfest bier. I think I’ve pretty much already missed the Oktoberfest things… but ah well, can still feel festive downing a pint or two or some fest bier right?
Bake: MACARONS, apple pie cookies
Read: Just Mercy (Bryan Stevenson), Women Don’t Ask (Linda Babcock)
How’d I do in September?
Okay, but not great haha. I have yet to learn proper songs on the guitar (I HAVE learned some chords, but it’s hard to play songs without being able to sing while playing). Running is going hilariously miserably – add a twisted ankle and persistent lingering cough to the mix. We did not learn how to belly dance. Going for a more successful October…